Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chiranjeevi is sorry to Rajasekhar


Megastar Chiranjeevi apologized to Rajasekhar couple for the “unfortunate attack” on them. Accompanied by his brother-in-law Allu Arvind, Chiranjeevi reached the residence of Rajasekhar, while the latter was at the studio of a private channel for a live public interaction. As and when Rajasekhar reached his residence, Chiranjeevi tendered his apology.


Later addressing the media, Chiranjeevi said: “The remarks of Rajasekhar that Chiranjeevi (I) is not politically experienced is purely his individual opinion. He has got every right to say that. I observe that my fans have taken it to their heart and reacted violently. I condemn their act. I want that admiration should not lead to violent reactions.” He further said that he felt very disturbed on hearing the news of attack on Rajasekhar couple and children by his fans. “I thought I would never get peace of mind until and unless I see and apologize to Rajasekhar. Now that I did it, I am happy. In fact, I and Rajasekhar belong to one family as film artistes. We can settle things amicably.” He also appealed to the fans not to resort to violent reactions hereafter.


After Chiranjeevi had left the place, Jeevita Rajasekhar said: “We really never demanded any apology from Chiranjeevi. We just wanted to tell the people that Rajasekhar has got every right to make his individual comments. He has the right to join any political party of his choice. It is only due to the grace of God that we are now alive, escaping from the attack of Chiranjeevi fans. As a mother of two children, I know my agony when they attacked us. It is due to forethought and driving of Rajasekhar that we are saved.”


Rajasekhar said that they would approach the chief minister Dr. YS Rajasekhar Reddy and seek protection. “Though Chiranjeevi apologized to us, he says that his fans resorted to violence without his knowledge. Under these conditions, it would be safe for us to seek protection from his fans.”

No comments: