Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hero Raja scores success in US

Hero Raja, who turned overseas distributor with Mr. Medhavi, is happy about the film's performance. "The film gave me a big break not only as an actor, but also as a distributor," he maintained. After a 10-day trip to the US, he returned to Hyderabad today. Talking to reporters, he said: "I am very happy with Mr. Medhavi. I thank Mr. Neelakanta for the success of the film. So far, we released the film in US only, coming to the overseas market. For the first time, I took up distribution there. Highlight of my trip is that I made friends with a lot of NRI Telugu community in various cities there. They have received me well." "The non-resident community there is very much concerned about human values. Unlike the scenario here where we like mass elements, it's quite contrary there. That is the reason for the big success of Mr. Medhavi in US. The film witnessed unprecedented rush with 2500 tickets sold out in New Jersey alone. The screening suffered to some extent in Northern cities of Detroit and Chicago due to bad weather conditions. Of course, they have picked up now," Raja said. The actor, who is known as New generation hero, said that his previous films Anand and Vennela became the topic of discussion among the older generation and younger generation respectively. It showed that the overseas community liked the movies with experimentation. "I am thrilled to note that nobody has come out with negative report about Mr. Medhavi." About the proposed own production, Raja said: " I will soon reveal the details about my own film. Coming to Mr. Medhavi, its screening is yet to take place in other overseas areas. The film is coming up soon in Dubai, Singapore, London, Australia and New Zealand.

No comments: